[Sca-cooks] I need help in how to use antique mold

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Apr 3 11:08:22 PST 2003

What he said. Old chocolate molds have some way to pour the chocolate
in--most often the bottom is completely open--and usually some sort of
clip to hold them in the correct position while the chocolate cools. True,
the clips are easily lost, so the lack of a clip/stand doesn't mean much,
but its lack of a sprue suggests that it is some variety of solid candy
mold (marzipan, sugarpaste, fondant).

Margaret