[Sca-cooks] That tile project....

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:58:44 PST 2003

>Sugarplate can last years and years, so I am not too worried about my tile.
>It would be brittle, but made quite thick and give a long slow drying
>period, it should survive just fine.
>
>Mind you, the humidity won't do it any favours, as it might sweat... (hmmm,
>note to self, silica gel in box).
>
>Kiriel

Same with my marzipan.  I use foam-core board as the backing. You may want
to consider using that as well.  The Arms we have done are pretty thick and
unless someone sits on it, it should take a lot of beating.  We have dropped
them, frizbee'd them, slid them, packed them, mailed them, and even
displayed them with no worries.  If they have any small bits that stick out,
those sometimes get hurt, but the tile should be a smoother surface so I
don't see a problem.
Olwen