[Sca-cooks] That tile project....

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 09:15:42 PST 2003

>We are thinking about boxing up all (most?, the ones not reclaimed?,
>donated?)
>the tiles, and shipping them to the next event in this Known World Tour.
>Still
>trying to figure out how to pay for this, so if everyone mounts their tile
>on
>a wrought iron base it might get expensive. But this could mean a display
>that
>would get bigger with each event. And save folks from having to ship the
>tiles
>back out from home.
>
>Keep your eyes on this website for more details.
>http://www.mindspring.com/~tripper/serena/TileProject/
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of

I was thinking about this postage issue too.  There are a couple of things
that crossed my mind.  1.  The person who makes the tile donates enough
money to cover the cost of re-shipping the tile to, say, three more places;
2.  A donation cup is set out with a sign at the 'show' and maybe a donation
request on the website; 3.  We do a bake sale:) ; 4.  We sell postcard type
pictures with short description of maker, material, etc. for a small
donation.  Anyone have any comments or other ideas?
Olwen