[Sca-cooks] "Heart's Ease"

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 12:57:32 PST 2003

--- Glenda Robinson <glendar at compassnet.com.au>
wrote:

> > The name of the dance refers to the name of
> the
> > music/song.  All of EC dances are named after
> > their music and not the dances.  If that were
> so,
> > then "Cuckolds All in a Row", would be a much
> > more interesting dance. :-)
>
> Cuckolds All Awry/Al in a row IS a
> partner-swapping dance!!!!!!

Only temporary.  In fact, one can categorize many
EC dances as temporary partner swaps.  With EC
dances, you always go back fairly quickly to your
originally partner.

If you want true partner swapping, you have to go
to court dances.  Three that I can think of
off-hand are the Torch Bransle, Official's
Bransle and the wonderful Italian Ren. dance
"Fidelta", which means "faithfulness" and with
every stanza you change partners.  If you do
enough stanzas as there are couples, then you
might get back to your original partner, but
usually you never do.

> And don't even get me started on Jenny Pluck
> Pairs or parts of Newcastle - I
> see the main reason that one the ladies/gents
> are put to the middle and the
> other dances/ prances around is to check out
> the talent. We have a lovely
> time with Jenny Pluck Pairs - the men caper
> like silly capering things,
> showing off like no-one's business, and the
> girls dance quite demurely, but
> nevertheless showing off their 'assets'.
>
> Glenda
> Playford Dancing-type person.

I take it you have never danced "All in a Garden
Green"?  Not only do you get to dance with others
but you also get to kiss them too.  It is a very
popular dance here in Caid since I introduced it
many years ago.

Huette
Dance and Cooking Laurel

=====