[Sca-cooks] Tartlets

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Apr 6 18:29:45 PDT 2003

Those wooden things are called tappers.
Actually I always cut the small ones out using an
old aluminum glass from the 1950's. It made exactly the
right size circle for the pans I used. I never minded the cutting
out; it took years however to get enough of the pans so that
I could bake 4 trays at a time or 48. We started out with two and
then added two more. (The things one can't afford on a student
budget.) The small ones add up.
We did 3 apiece for one feast times 200 or 600 total plus
extras. I now have the new trays that hold 24 at once.
Calphalon had them at their sale for $12.99 each, so I bought
two. One of the oven and one in prep.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Sue Clemenger wrote: snipped