[Sca-cooks] That tile project....

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 7 20:39:36 PDT 2003

> Johnnae llyn Lewis commented:
>
> It's not just postage; someone is going to have to pack up everything
> in either saved bubble wrap or new packaging materials. With new labels
> and new packing tape in either new or saved boxes. And then there's
> the actual shipping and insurance. Care to detail what any one box
> holds to the post office, in case they ask.
> Perhaps also the heavier ones are auctioned off or are given
> back to their owners at the end of the first showing. Not everything
> has to necessarily travel on or be shown at every opportunity.
Thank you for your input. Good points. I'm still trying to figure out
whether we want to do this and if so, how.

Unfortunately, I had a hard disk failure last Friday. Even more
unfortunately, I've been procrastinating getting my systems set up for
backups. I think the newest backup I have is probably a year old,
although I think I have my email through February on another disk.
Unfortunately, this means I have none of the Tile Project stuff that I
had saved on my own disk.

If you sent me any messages since February, and they were saved in a
'sent' folder, could you please send them to me again?

Also, if you were on my list of editors to get my Florilegium article
(which was due to be sent out on Saturday, the day after the crash :-(
) could you contact me so I can get your name and email address again?

I may be able to get some of this stuff from the SCA-Cooks archives,
but I'm still trying to put things back together here.

The bid on retrieving the data from the dead drive is ~$1800, so that
is probably not going to happen. Since it looks like this was due to
the PCB board on the drive failing, I may be able to recover the data
IF I can get a new PCB board for this specific (or near enough) drive
model. I guess I'll be keeping my eyes on ebay. But if anyone knows of
a dead (if head crash, not electronic failure) or alive Quantum Viking
II 9.1 Gbyte 80 pin SCSI drive with a part number of PX09L011, please
let me know. :-)

Stefan
And maybe if you haven't backed your drive up in a while, you should...