[Sca-cooks] That tile project....

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 09:58:08 PST 2003

>>I forwarded the long descriptive email to my daughter, Morningstar the
>>Gifted in hopes of attracting her attention to submit a tile.  I also
>>suggested that if she were interested in helping out to just get in touch
>>with you Stefan, so if you get a really weird email, well...she's
>>basically
>>harmless.
>"Basically harmless"? Like her mother? You're the one with "the Odd" after
>her name. :-)
>I did meet Morningstar last year at Pennsic. Yes, in fashion sense she
>is... somewhat unusual. But maybe not that much compared to the other
>teenagers these days.
>
>Besides to some folks, *all* of us in the SCA are a bit strange.
>Morningstar did some nice work, as did you, on those marzipan shields. I'd
>love to have entries from both of you. Or your help as volunteers.
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of

Morningstar has studied fairly extensively in the visual arts field and
works in a wide variety of materials.  Who knows what she may decide to do
or what material she may decide to work in.
We in the studio, and in our cooks guild, are always very happy to know she
can come and help on an event or project.  She is the best artist we have.
Or at least _working_ artist we have (that better Master Chirhart?)
Of course, I forgot, you did meet her before.  And you got to see that fun
little gargoyle she made for Thorclaw.
She is quite a delight.  She is currently making it her business to
'mother-hen' me and has even asked Hans and others to watch out for me and
walk me to and fro, etc feeling, that in light of the rash of tire slashing
I have gotten (6 tires, 2 weeks) that I may be a target for more personal
hate crimes.  Very touching but frankly, it's a little silly.
Olwen