[Sca-cooks] first feast: Atlantia's Crown Tourney

Laura L laura at croatan.net
Tue Apr 8 10:53:24 PDT 2003

The lamb is just going to be roasted plain w/o any seasoning except maybe a
touch of salt and pepper. The sauce that goes with it is *super yummy,* and
my mint despising husband liked it without the sauce, as well.

The rabbit pie was well recieved at the test feast, even though many were
skeptical.

the blamanger *does* actually have a period source, but Helwynn is the one
who redacted it... it is a Lenten version, she doesn't like fish, so she
used shrimp instead. It was very good, and I think we did a good thing by
having shellfish and nuts in the same dish... only one dish that needs
blinking lights "warning: common allergy ingredients here" since I know that
people that are commonly allergic to nuts and shellfish are often
*violently* allergic.

oh, thanks to Maddalena for reminding me, there will also be bread and
flavored butters on the table when the diners get there: Dill butter and a
cardamom/cinnamon butter.

Something else that was requested (and turned out well) was that the peas
*not* be mint peas, so we did dill there, as well. the butter and peas
should be spaced far enough that it won't be a problem repeating the
flavors. ^_^

-Irmgart (who is getting a bit freaked about deboning 18 rabbits-chickens
are one thing, but bunnies are harder for some reason!)