[Sca-cooks] first feast: Atlantia's Crown Tourney

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Tue Apr 8 14:30:50 PDT 2003

Hi Irmgart!
   Your menu looks tasty and simple (as in, "clean-cut, uncrowded, clear").
May I ask how much chicken you are planning to allot to each serving? I'm
one of the folks who may be onboard and, well - of all things, can't eat
veal, mutton or lamb (you have NO idea how much that pains me, as I enjoy
the flavor _very much_ but it doesn't return the regard), so having never
tried rabbit since age 12 (remember the thread a long time ago about "evil
things our relatives do to us"? I was the one with the pet bunny), I'll be
depending on the chicken for meat. Although your pie sounds yummy enough
that I really think I need to get over such a childish aversion and at least
taste it. Then again, I could probably bribe my hubby to do all sorts of
stuff for me if I let him have my portion... hmmm.. needs thinking about...)

   And this letter is germain to the list only because I may not be unusual
as a diner. I don't know, but shrimp is the only other "meat" on the menu
and it's a high-level allergen for many eaters (not me!), so I'm hoping to
spark a philosophical conversation about how many unusual meats you all
introduce at a feast compared to "standard" meats.

Rosine