[Sca-cooks] Can coffee urns be used for cooking?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Apr 8 11:21:56 PDT 2003

> While insulated drink coolers would be useful for keeping sauces/soups
> warm, I also want the ability to cook the sauce/soup without taking up
> priceless stove burners.

Hm.. have you considered the large crockpots? The big oval ones hold 5
quarts.

The real benefit of using a crockpot instead of a coffee urn is that you
can cook something with wine or vinegar in it without getting the metallic
taste that aluminum sometimes gives.

You could also consider one of the 10 quart roaster ovens...

I've had a lot of success with crockpots for sauces, soups, etc.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The tumult and the shouting dies/The captains and the kings depart
Still stands Thine ancient sacrifice/An humble and a contrite heart."
	-- Rudyard Kipling, Recessional