[Sca-cooks] Seeking Period Chinese Cuisine

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Apr 9 06:33:02 PDT 2003

Check Thomas's bibliography for the Chinese books
and articles also.
http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/cookmat.htm

I just checked some library catalogs and there are newer
publications that are catalogued Cookery-- China-- Early Works.
Those all appear to be just in Chinese.
The following are under the history section.
They are in English and should be a good place to start.

Simoons, Frederick J.
Food in China : a cultural and historical inquiry
Boca Raton : CRC Press, c1991.

Anderson, Eugene N. (Eugene Newton), 1941-
The food of China / E.N. Anderson.
New Haven : Yale University Press, c1988.
xvi, 263 p. ; 24 cm.

You could take the descriptions from there or lists of
vegetable dishes served and then go to the various Chinese
cookbooks for recipes.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway