[Sca-cooks] Just A Feast report (part 1/2: general report)

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Wed Apr 9 12:17:39 PDT 2003

Generys wrote:
> Wait, how much was your per-person budget for this one? ($10/person is HUGE
> around here...)

A $10 feast around these parts is usually something like 1 roast meat, 1
stewed meat, 2 starchy dishes (eg rice or frumenty or noodles), a
green salad, a fruit or egg-based pie/tart, and a couple of other
dishes.  Here's an example of a recent one:
http://members.rogers.com/practicum/feast.html (the roast peacock was
chicken with peacock feathers stuck in it.)  Here's another one for an
upcoming event, for $12:
http://www.geocities.com/ashfordonavon/bbfeast.html

Just A Feast $20 Canadian per head for the feast. That included 4 meat
dishes (only one of which was inexpensive meat - chicken pieces @
69c/lb), 2 fish dishes, 2 meat-based pate-like things, 4 different types
of finger food for appetizers, 2 egg dishes, a herb tart, 4 other
savoury vegetable dishes, 2 sweet dishes served with the main feast, and
a banquetting course with half a dozen different dessert dishes and
non-alcoholic hippocras.  We also rented tablecloths and bought candles
for the hall.

Yours,

Katherine

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/