[Sca-cooks] Re: Medieval and renaissance recipes

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Apr 11 16:44:21 PDT 2003

For a business plan, I would suggest some sample menus, each of a different
period and locale.  Funding sources aren't going to care whether you're
faking the dishes or not, they will look at probable performance.  You will
need the adaptations for actual cooking.  If you can adapt from the original
recipes, I would suggest that booklets of the menus with original recipes
and adaptations might be a nice give-away to guests at each appropriate
meal.  (Sell them the ones for the meals they don't participate in.)

The Florilegium will be a good source for the basics and I think Odile
Redon, et al. "The Medieval Kitchen" and Michael Best's editted version of
Dawson's "The English Housewife" might also be of use.

BTW, please clip original text.  The traffic on this list is brutal and
shipping back entire digests just to answer a single paragraph can swamp
some oor corresponents's email systems.

Bear