[Sca-cooks] Seder menu, semi-pedestrian but well-prepared

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 17 11:05:56 PDT 2003

> [mouth-watering description snipped]
> >
> > The suffering and deprivation was obviously felt by all...
> >
> > Adamantius

I know that you will take this in the affectionate spirit in which I mean
it:
I hate you a lot right now.  Soggy brisket, dry chicken.
I'd e-mail your menu to my mom but it wouldn't help.  SIGH.

> Well, it is a *celebration*, after all. A good friend of ours said it
> best, I think: "Like so many Jewish holidays, the short version of the
> story is "Someone tried to kill us, they failed, let's eat." Granted, he
> was talking about Purim, but I think the sentiment applies.
>
> Margaret

It works perfectly well for Passover, Hanukkah and most of the others
'cept maybe Arbor Day, does it not?

My dad told a Passover foodie joke last night:

A rabbi went to a local park to eat his lunch during
Passover.  On the park bench he met a blind man and
held out some matzo to share.  The blind man ran his
fingers over the bumpy rectanglar object and
exclaimed, "who wrote this crap?"

Selene Colfox