[Sca-cooks] 'Tay!, Sah-tay!

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 17 11:07:21 PDT 2003

The Kawa 99 Ranch Market chain carries a surprisingly good selection of
Indonesian  ingredients, including candlenuts and shrimp paste.
I'm not sure there is one in Darach-shire but the one in Van Nuys
is freeway-close, 2 blocks east of the 405 San Diego Freeway at
Victory Blvd.  The store mainly deals in Chinese and Japanese grocery items
but caters to other Asian cuisines as well [except for India - I have
two other good stores for that though].
Know that the Indonesian, Thai and Philippine ingredients
are kept together rather than distributed throughout the store by ingredient
types;  candlenuts and kecap mani are together, not out with other nuts
and sauces.  I'd love to have you along for a "field trip to the
foodie museum" when you're in Altavia sometime!

Selene