[Sca-cooks] Hot Peppers

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Apr 22 07:12:11 PDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, margali wrote:

> Ummm  2 things.
>
> imprimis, you may be misunderstanding terms.
>
> Many people consider spicy/pungent/*ultra-flavorful because of spicing*
> HOT. Not all heat is capsicum in origin.
>
> secundus, cinnamon IS hot. in the chemical burn your mouth way that
> capsicum is. to whit - atomic fireballs candy is hot by everybodies
> definition, and it is heatened with cinnamon oil.

The Ferrara Pan factory is in the next town over from where I grew up.
On days when they're making Fireballs, you really don't want to be too
close unless it's a really windy day, because it will make your eyes burn.
Farther away it just smells good. Lemonheads and Jawbreakers just smell
nummy, no pain involved.

Margaret