[Sca-cooks] Re: hot peppers

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 07:11:08 PDT 2003

> > And the time i put a huge honkin' raw horseradish root in a food
> > processer to make a puree - whew! has to open the windows for quite a
> > long time! It was for a sauce from de Nola. In addition to the
> > horseradish, it included almonds and white wine with a little sugar
> > and a little salt and it came out delicious and relatively mild. But
> > the first step in processing it was painful, indeed.

Huh?  Which sauce was that?  The only horseradish sauce I remember from de
Nola is the variation on parsley sauce: vinegar, bread, water, honey, and
grated horseradish.  Sweet, sour, and pungent, and oh so good with roast
beef.

Vicente (the other de Nola freak on the list)

If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
throw penguins. --Jim Henson