[Sca-cooks] Hot Peppers

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 23 08:44:25 PDT 2003

I made up Generys' hotsy hot sauce last night, whooo doggies!
 My main difference was that I cooked the sauce as the Viandier
Pepper Sauce version said to do.  Wow, that woke it up!
I'm serving it up tonight with beef and see if my heat-loving lads
like it.  They won't miss the chili sauce that's for sure!

Esther wrote:

> --
> Selene Sue!!!
>
> I KNEW I'd find you here, Mistress!!

I'm everywhere.  When I sit around the pavilion, I sit AROUND the PAVILION.

> At this point, good old Esther. The herald in me isn't sure Irish Etain
> goes with Cornish "Ennis Merth" (grammar changes accepted!!!), so I'm going
> with Esther for the moments.

As thou wilt, but I believe that we are allowing Brythonic + Goidelic names at the
moment.  My name books are at home but I'm at work [as usual].  I bet we could come
very close in Irish Gaelic, "ennis/innis" is one of the words that is just about
the same.  I've just had to order myself a copy of O'Corrain & Maguire's Irish
Personal Names because my old one went walkies;  the thing is so far out of print
that I wound up ordering it from a bookseller in the Netherlands, fer goshsakes.
Let's discuss the name off list, OK?

> And yes, you DID teach me better than that! (rolling eyes!)
>
> Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to make a Roman (like) clibanus with a
> flower pot and some terra cotta tiles. Am I nuts, risking a health hazard,
> or what?

That's a baking oven, right?  Plain terra cotta should be all right.  The one
to ask is our local pottery maven THL Artemisia, one of Master Hroar's
apprentices, whose local Caid Laurel "faculty advisor" is Mistress Huette.
Arte isn't on this list at the moment I don't think but Huette is, so if she
could pass the inquiry along please?  Also, there is a Yahoogroup
yclept <sca-bakers> where you could probably get all the help
and advice you could stand.  Yes.  There is a Yahoo group for just
about EVERYTHING.

> Your horsie nieces and nephews send smoochies!!

Horse smoochies, nothin' like'em!

Selene Colfox
selene at earthlink.net