[Sca-cooks] Pictures, pictures!

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 23 11:27:36 PDT 2003

Otay!

The lady on the right is THL Ros, the lady on the left with the goofy look
on her face is me. I hate having pictures taken.

Starting with a aluminum covered board, a deer skull and whole blanched
almonds we had to do good bit of  wiring and arranging to get the skull
stable. Then we fleshed out the shape of the head with more foil and chicken
wire. I made and dyed the marzipan and then began the sculpting. After the
sculpting was finished I took it into the back and painted on the washes to
make it look more real. All total it probably took in the realm of 2 a half
to 3 hours to complete.

The yellow stuff on the vigil table is:
Peach Compote with sweet Wafers
Platina, On right Pleasure and Good Health Book II
On the Peach
Peaches grow all over Asia but especially in Persia,.Some say that very good
wine must be drunk at once after peaches have been eaten as a first
course.Also the opinion of those who say that peaches should be eaten as a
last course, cut up into pieces and softened in the best of wine, should not
be scorned.
Ingredients: Peaches, White Wine.
Wafer Ingredients: Eggs, Flour, Sugar, White Wine, Almond Oil, Salt.

I was looking for something to serve with the wafers that did not need to be
obsessively refrigerated (I usually serve Angel's Food). So I bought some
jarred peaches, diced them up. Threw them in a saucepan with about a cup and
a half of wine (I found this lovely local wine that was Muscadine and peach
wine) and poached them for awhile. Stuck them in a jar to sit in the fridge
for 2 -3 days and volia - Peach compote.
The total menu was:
Pork and Apple Empanadas (Gunter Spice)
Chicken and Cheese Empanadas (Platina)
Cinnamon Tarts (Welserin)
Rosquillas (Granado courtsey Lady Brighid)
Peach Compote (Platina) with Sweet Wafers
Assorted Fruits
Hais (made by Mistress Aisha)

Not a whole lot, but Mistress Aisha threatened to punish me if I went
overboard and she also threatened to limit the number of things I could
redact if I went too crazy. So I used some things from the files and
borrowed from Lady Brighid and only redacted 3 things. (I also only had 1
weeks warning).

Any more questions? ;)

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva