[Sca-cooks] sops and etiquette

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 23 22:45:21 PDT 2003

> Johnna Holloway asked and commented:
> So how did this go?
> I would have thought eating with a spoon would work.
> We used to eat gravy on toast with spoons and also forks.
> I could see this a supper dish, but I don't think anyone else
> would eat them.
So, why don't you think they would go over well? isn't this very
similar to chipped beef on toast? Or even Savory Tosted Cheese over
bread? Or the maple syrup or honey my brothers and I used to pour over
bread? :-)
But no, it doesn't seem like "high feast" food. But I imagine it could
be dressed up a bit. Ideas folks? How would you garnish this type of
food? A sprig of parsley? A sprinkling of chopped nuts?
Stefan

> > Ok, what would be the best way to eat sops? cut up the bread pieces?
> or
> > have enough liquid in the sops that you can eat them with a spoon
> like
> > bread and milk? Or what?
> > I'm going to try slyt soppes either today or this weekend. -- Jadwiga
> > Zajaczkowa
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com