[Sca-cooks] OT, persona and name

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 27 22:38:16 PDT 2003

> AEllin commented:
> I'm going to be a merchant's widow (running the business, of course) in
> Bergen, Norway, in the second half of the 14th Century. I'm not sure
> yet
> what my major commodity will be, but I have a feeling I'm about to
> learn
> a lot about salt cod and herring...
Perhaps these two files in the Florilegium might be of use to you:
In the CULTURES section:
pst-Vik-Norse-msg (17K)  1/10/00    Post Viking Norse. Sources.
In the FOOD-MEATS section:
stockfish-msg     (96K)  9/10/01    Period preserved fish. Dried,
smoked and
                                        salted fish. Recipes.
And maybe this one in the COMMERCE section:
Med-Merchants-CA  (  K)  3/ 5/01    "Medieval Merchants and Artisans" by
                                        Catriona Macperson (AKA Milly
McCloskey).
Stefan
--------