[SCA-cooks] Mezzalunas

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Apr 28 09:56:29 PDT 2003

Also sprach Jeanne Papanastasiou:
>What the H**l is it about SCAdians??? While many ordinary Americans
>have their priorities properly and firmly set on lying about their
>cars, their ability to consume alcohol without effect, and their
>sexual prowess, many SCAdians seem to find it a point of honor to lie
>(or be sadly mistaken) about the sharpness of their knives and their
>tolerance for capsacine.
>
>Sounds like someone forgot to take their chill pill!  ;o}~

Just an observation based on the past 20.5 years of SCAdian activity.
And not to be taken too seriously overall, although the basic
observation (to wit, that perhaps 90% of the allegedly sharp knives
owned and operated by SCAdians are not in fact very sharp) remains
firmly rooted in my own experience of a fairly wide geographical and
numerical sample.

I think knife sharpening is a skill that would be nice to see taught
at universities and scholae, that sort of thing.

Most people tell me I'd be no fun if I took a chill pill ;-).

Adamantius