[Sca-cooks] Power

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 15 09:03:50 PDT 2003

Well, that was interesting...

Other blackouts, I've always been happily in my own living room - guess
it was my turn. I was at the other end of Brooklyn...  People were very
helpful, and the nice young man (you wouldn't want to  meet in a dark
alley, by the looks of him) gave me his bus map and showed me where I
was...

So, anyhow, parts of New York are back, including, obviously, my part.
Not all...

And a lot of other places are still out. I'm only beginning to realize
how big this was - who thought I would mourn the demise of the ghetto
blaster! Even the nice young man had a discrete CD player - not a radio
on the whole train... I didn't get home until 12:30.

Going to watch news...

AEllin