[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 3, Issue 21(A&S competitions)

Peldyn at aol.com Peldyn at aol.com
Sat Aug 16 09:46:07 PDT 2003

I have actually managed to catch up and be only one week behind on the list!
Anyways, I have been following the thread about A&S competitions with
interest. I have been playing at SCA since 1988 and I still have not entered any
competitions, wouldn't have an idea how to and live so far away from my closest
group that I really don't know anyone. I merchant and so I have a hard time
getting away from my booth, but I think I would like to start doing more. Any one
in my area willing to help me? I nominally belong to the Barony of Dun Or in
the Kingdom of Caid. That said, it is a 60 mile drive to Lancaster for me. I
have very little free time during renfaire season, but in the winter I have time
on my hands. I love period cooking, needlearts, sewing, English Country dance,
herblore, and textile research. There are a few things that I believe I know
enough about to teach a class in. I wanted to teach a Flemish costuming class
at Potrero, but I work such long hours in the summer, that I haven't been able
to get the time to contact whoever is in charge of such things.
So, how do I get started?

Peldyn verch Hywel