[Sca-cooks] Haaaalp!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Aug 18 16:25:47 PDT 2003

Ok, I was looking for something specific, so I was rummaging pretty deeply
in the stratum here in my room (think I found Jimmy Hoffa!) and can across
two plastic sacks, one with a gown I'd been missing, and one with a blanket
I'd been missing. And when I pulled them out, I found out why!

They were covered with burrs! The little ones, about the size of caraway
seeds, but fuzzy all over. And they are all over both the dress and the
blanket- worked into the fabric quite tightly.

I could sit down and pick them out one by one, but A) they aren't that easy
to get out, B) there are THOUSANDS of them, and C) the dress ia a
lightweight challis, with a very detailed print. *Finding* all of those
little buggers is... well you can imagine.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting those nasty things out?
Neither of these are pieces I want to just dump, but that is about where my
frustration level is with them. And putting them aside for three years (I
now remember the last time I wore that gown) does not solve the problem.

Ideas? Please?

'Lainie