[Re: [Sca-cooks] Some disturbing news about one of the food merchants atPennsic]

Patches slpatch at mfire.com
Tue Aug 19 15:26:30 PDT 2003

I have followed this thread, along with another on the SCA merchants list and
one thing about these incidents that stands out to me is that in each instance
the merchants themselves have posted and admitted not following the
contractual rules. One said roughly 'if you interpret them literally we were
in violation', another admits to staying open later than allowed.

I am a merchant, I have been in past a food vendor. I understand the
temptation to stay open later, allow patrons to do things they maybe shouldn't
and to want to increase me profit margin.

I'm also of a very military mindset - rules need to be followed. Don't follow
them, pay the penalty.

I have been at events which had pretty silly rules, but I followed them
because I wanted to come back, and I wanted my rep as a good vendor intact - I
do not know these merchants personally, nor Cindy Cooper, but if the rules
were indeed flaunted or even just bent she was doing her job.

These incidents are unfortunate, I am sorry for the atmosphere that will be
lost by the exclusion of these merchants. I hope these were isolated incidents
and no lasting ill will has been generated.

Just my thoughts on it,
Lady Wilhelmina

The Brigands Cache
"Purveyors of Fine Goods Acquired"