[Sca-cooks] The Florilegium Tile Project display at Pennsic

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 20 22:04:05 PDT 2003

Olwen commented:
> Yup, Serena ROCKS!!!  She is so much fun and such a hard worker!
Yes, I have to agree. Without Serena's help it would have been much
more difficult to put on the Florilegium Tile Project display. Not only
has Serena been handling the web page for the project, but she was the
only volunteer I had to help me put on the display. She helped me set
up the display in the barn and helped me make the decisions that needed
to be made to make the display run smoothly.

I will be posting more later, but we had a total of eight tiles
displayed at Pennsic, including one from Serena and one that she
brought from home done by a gentle who couldn't make it to Pennsic. I
have downloaded the pictures of the display and the tiles to my
computer and will be processing them and sending them to Serena to put
on the Tile Project website, soon.

There have been a number of requests/suggestions that the Tile Project
be continued, so I have decided to do this. So, those folks who didn't
find the time to create a tile for this Pennsic will now have no excuse
not to do one for the next Pennsic. I also want to encourage folks to
organise one or more Tile displays locally or on the kingdom level.
Perhaps the tiles from those displays could be collected by an
individual and brought to show at Pennsic next year and then returned
to their artists afterwards.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas