[Sca-cooks] The Florilegium Tile Project display at Pennsic

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 11:48:24 PDT 2003

>Olwen commented:
>>Yup, Serena ROCKS!!!  She is so much fun and such a hard worker!
>Yes, I have to agree. Without Serena's help it would have been much more
>difficult to put on the Florilegium Tile Project display. Not only has
>Serena been handling the web page for the project, but she was the only
>volunteer I had to help me put on the display. She helped me set up the
>display in the barn and helped me make the decisions that needed to be made
>to make the display run smoothly.
>
>I will be posting more later, but we had a total of eight tiles displayed
>at Pennsic, including one from Serena and one that she brought from home
>done by a gentle who couldn't make it to Pennsic. I have downloaded the
>pictures of the display and the tiles to my computer and will be processing
>them and sending them to Serena to put on the Tile Project website, soon.
>
>There have been a number of requests/suggestions that the Tile Project be
>continued, so I have decided to do this. So, those folks who didn't find
>the time to create a tile for this Pennsic will now have no excuse not to
>do one for the next Pennsic. I also want to encourage folks to organise one
>or more Tile displays locally or on the kingdom level. Perhaps the tiles
>from those displays could be collected by an individual and brought to show
>at Pennsic next year and then returned to their artists afterwards.
>
>Stefan

Thank you to both of you!  I wish I could have done the tile I promised, or
at least come to help as I promised but I was simply not well enough to do
either.  When my hand gets better I will make the promised tile and send it
right out to you.  Sorry to have let you down.  Heck!  Sorry I let myself
down!
Olwen, alive, breathing, grumpy