[Sca-cooks] Coriander was Back Again

Thu Aug 21 12:02:42 PDT 2003

Not particularly manic, but okay.

Coriander is the seed from Coriandrum sativum.  There are some varietal
differences, one of which, the difference between Indian and European
coriander, can be seen on Gernot Katzer's Spice Pages at
http://www-ang.kfunigraz.ac.at/~katzer/engl/generic_frame.html?Eryn_foe.html
.

I don't know of any substitutes for coriander seed, but when you talk about
cilantro (coriander leaf) there are a number of related plants that will
give a similar taste.

Bear