[Sca-cooks] humoral theory references in music and lit et al

Gaylin Walli gwalli at comcast.net
Sun Aug 24 07:37:53 PDT 2003

Greetings,

Dame Hauviette d'Anjou and I were asked if we would teach a class on
humoral theory and feast preparation at Middle Kingdom Coronation, this
coming September's end. We have numerous references we're working with
from sources like Galen, Avicenna, the Tacuinum Sanitatis, Hipocrates,
and others of the same ilk. What we could use help with are references
in some of the more literary sources, like poems and music, Shakespeare
(that great scene between Petrucccio and Katharine, perhaps), or other
such works. Do you know of some? Would you be willing to share? Any
leads would be helpful here, especially if they're somewhere we've not
thought of!

Iasmin

Iasmin de Cordoba, iasmin at comcast.net