[Sca-cooks] Re: Re:Has anyone roasted a pig on a spit.

j2rhat at comcast.net j2rhat at comcast.net
Fri Aug 1 05:45:05 PDT 2003

Thank you all again for your help. I will speak to my Baron about the reflector. I have
allowed 24 hours for cooking the beast. I am offering the constab on night watch a bottle
of wine to turn the piggy from midnight until 4am when I will get up and take over again
myself. (M'lord is the 4am to 8am constab on duty so I will be up anyway).I am leaving the
carving and carving time up to the autocrat. He will need to find someone to do those
honors. I just cook. : )

As for the question about "If your Baron and Baroness asked you to cook a feast while
standing on your head". Yes , if that was the way they did it in the middle ages. With
having only been in the SCA for five months and never having cooked for that many
before, I cooked 85% of our Founding Revel Feast for two hundred and I wasn't even the
Autocrat nor the Feast Steward.

I have been playing now for 11 months and with the encouragement of my Baron and
Baroness and many others in my Barony I have come to love the new challenges that
have been put in front of me. I try to accomodate their requests and heck if they did it in
the middle ages I should be able to find a way to do it in these current middle ages.

I have been on this list for a few months now and I can say I am in awe of the knowledge
and experience of all of you. Thank you for the warm and inviting welcome. I knew if
anyone could help me with this challenge it would be you fine folks. Thank you and my
Barony will owe you all a debt of gratitude when they are munching on that little piggy on
Aug 22nd. I will let you all know how it turned out.

Thank you,
Yeke Delger