[Sca-cooks] Apprentice? was Chickpeas, was Duh

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 1 08:51:22 PDT 2003

As a peer with an associate, who has previously been an associate myself, I can
say that it is not always about the specific "skills" although those are
important.  It is also about learning those elusive "peer-like qualities" that
distinguishes a Noble from the general populace.  I learned event planning and
waiting-woman skills from MomCat, but also how to conduct myself with others, how
to be strong without being strident.  SCA skills like these are by no means
limited to Society events but to all of life.

Yours in service,
Dame Selene Colfox
OP, OLC, OHA, ODC, SR etc.
Sable Fret Pursuivant