[Sca-cooks] OT - A little history

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 2 10:16:46 PDT 2003

The first nine paragraphs of Chapter II, On Cookery, cover the garden.  The
particular entry in in paragraph five, outlining when to sow various crops.
The is:  "At the full moon (March-April), aniseeds, bleets, skirrets,
succory, fennel, apples of love (tomatoes), and marvelous apples (balsam
apples)."

Bear