[Sca-cooks] OOP: BBQ Sauce, was some other threads...

Lorenz Wieland lorenz_wieland at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 4 13:06:51 PDT 2003

Susan Fox-Davis wrote:
>> Anahita wrote:
>>
>> I am very tempted by the idea of a mustard BBQ sauce.
>
> Linky links:  http://bbq.about.com/library/misc/blsauce2c.htm
>
> The general compositions seem to be much like other BBQ sauces,
> only using mustard instead of ketchup.  You can do this!

Or you can use both.  Off the top of my head, the ingredients for the sauce
I use on ribs and chicken include green onion, white onion, garlic, brown
sugar, ketchup, tomato paste, whole-grain mustard (creole or Dijon,
usually), Worchestershire sauce, apple cider, ancho chili, cayenne pepper,
cumin, oregano, and bourbon.

It's not nearly as sweet as the Carolina-style mustard sauces, but for me
that's a Good Thing.

-Lorenz