[Sca-cooks] OT: Judge Crater

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 5 07:15:15 PDT 2003

Crater Lake is so beautiful.  I was visiting my brother about 20 years ago
in Oregon and we went to Crater Lake.  It was the end of June, we couldn't
drive around the Lake because some of the road was still covered with
snow.  My brother had a VW microbus and I can remember looking out the
window at snow banks at least twice as high as the VW.  I had never seen
snow banks that high and especially not in June.

The water looks so blue and clear, and even though there were a few other
tourists it seemed so serene and peaceful.  It was too bad they weren't
running the boat tour that day.

It's one of the reasons my brother moved to Oregon he said he didn't get
much snow where he is (around Eugene) but if he wanted to go skiing or
something else snowy it was only a short drive.  Also a longer growing
season than NY State so he could raise more of his own food.

	Angeline