[Sca-cooks] Frozen turkey

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Wed Aug 6 03:09:37 PDT 2003

Also sprach Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur:
>I'm a fan of brining turkeys anyway... but certainly one that had been in
>cold storage that long, as long as it's not obviously freezer-burnt or
>anything like that, would probably do well to be brined before cooking.

Agreed. Herbs or some other extremely flavorful/aromatic substance
tucked under the skin, just about anything you can do to boost the
flavor and aroma, are all good ideas for frozen turkeys in general,
not just ones that have become borderline stale. But a long-frozen
bird responds especially well to this kind of treatment.

Adamantius