[Sca-cooks] polenta

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 7 21:42:09 PDT 2003

You should be able to find polenta recipes in the Florilegium. They have
been posted here a number of times.   Polenta is cooked meal and has been
made from most grains.  Barley was a common grain for the Romans and Apicius
has a recipe for fried polenta made from fine wheat flour.

Because of its natural sweetness, maize appears to have become the polenta
grain of choice sometime during the 16th Century.

Bear