[Sca-cooks] A & S question

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Fri Aug 8 06:16:11 PDT 2003

Also sprach Greg Lindahl:
>On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:02:58PM -0700, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
>
>>  In my limited experience of Laurels' Prize Tourneys, it's Laurels who
>>  give prizes, in the form of little tokens, if they like someone's
>>  stuff - we've just started having them here - but on the Kingdom
>>  level. And i suppose one could take it as a tourney - see who
>>  collects the most tokens...
>
>It's worth noting that the Laurels in the West don't think the name is
>very accurate, so we'd prefer that a different name be used. But the
>idea is really great! It spreads faster than the name can get
>changed...

I gather that the LPT has been, at various times, something of an
institution in Atenveldt, and may have begun there. From what I've
been told, Laurels could participate under certain circumstances, and
did give little tokens, and that also, it was sometimes run in such a
way that an actual winner was determined (making it a Tourney  of
sorts) from the number of tokens given by the Laurels, for an overall
winning Prize. So in that instance the name was not inappropriate, I
guess.

I STR being told by Duke Brion of Tarragon and his Duchess Anna, the
last time they reigned in the East, that these were great for a while
in Atenveldt, but that when they started doing them something like 4
times a year, they lost some of their impact.

<shrug>

Adamantius