[Sca-cooks] (OT) Atkins cheesecake

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sun Aug 10 19:42:31 PDT 2003

Also sprach Craig Jones:

>All this talk of cheescake is making m hungry.  I'm keen to make cheesecake
>(girlfriend loves the stuff) but does anyone have an Atkins Friendly
>cheesecake?

Very basic, very quick to prepare and fight the sweet jones... that's
jones as addictive craving, not as in Drakey...

16 oz Philadelphia-type cream cheese (low fat cream cheese is a
canard and contains more carbs than high-fat)
2 eggs
2 oz sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbs granulated Splenda
or ~16 drops liquid Splenda or other artificial sweetener, or to taste

Mix till smooth and bake; if you're anal-retentive you can use a
hot-water bath and bake it in the oven (yes, it has no crust). It's
actually not bad microwaved, which makes the entire process take
maybe fifteen minutes, plus time to cool.

It works out to about 20 grams of carbs (for the entire, small cake)
if using liquid Splenda or horrible aspartame. Stevia makes it taste
like licorice. ~26 grams carbs if using granulated Splenda (which is
Splenda, which has no carbs, mixed with maltodextrin, which does).
Makes eight small wedges, around 2 to 3 grams carbs per wedge.

It can be dressed up according to supplies and conscience...

Adamantius