[Sca-cooks] OT: food, and medical plus part two

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Aug 13 16:51:58 PDT 2003

At 06:04 PM 8/13/03 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm reminded of an incident of a couple of years ago; apparently the
>New York City branches of the American Red Cross used to provide a
>particular cookie called Nutter Butters; these were peanut-butter
>cookies shaped like peanuts in the shell, with peanut butter
>sandwiched between them. I _think_ Nabisco made these, and upon their
>announcement that they would cease manufacture of Nutter Butter
>cookies within a few months of the announcement, an immediate drop in
>blood donations resulted. People specifically stated that they did
>for the cookies.
>
>IIRC, Nabisco either finally relented and decided to keep making the
>cookies, or they shipped several warehouses full to the New York
>blood drive people, enough for a couple of years. Anyway, the
>immediate threat to the blood drive was eliminated...

??? They're available here, or at least they were only a couple of months
ago. I LOVE Nutter-Butters, but if I buy them, I can eat the whole package
in a day and a half, if not less. Bad for butt width. But you can sometimes
get them at the checkout, along with Oreos, in caby-bar sized packs. Just
enough to keep the Jones at bay...

'Lainie