[Sca-cooks] Blood donors

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Aug 13 21:31:11 PDT 2003

I've gotten out of the habit the last few years (had to wait a year
after my knee surgery), but I used to be a regular platelet donor.  They
can get two or three bags off me (my count's usually pretty high), so
that means extra karmic "credit" for folks who want to, but can't! ;o)
I liked the idea of giving something to help someone, when it was
something I had a great abundance of anyways, although I do admit that
the anti-coagulant made me sick as a dog....
Our Red Cross gives out goodies for platelet donors at certain "mileage"
points--I've got my own squeeze-ball somewhere, and a tee shirt, and a
red cross mug.
I understand that we've now got a place in town (mundanely, Missoula,
MT)that *pays* people for blood products, but if/when I go back to
donating, I'll still do the Red Cross.
--maire, breathing air so thick with smoke it feels like I should be
brushing it off my marshmallow....blech....