[Sca-cooks] Nursing and drugs was-Re: Blood donors

Laura L laura at wisterian.net
Fri Aug 15 10:08:30 PDT 2003

Wow, that's crazy!

I knew that drugs, etc. passed through breastfeeding, and I knew that
antibodies were passed during breastfeeding. I should have worded my
question better. From Soffya's comments, I interpreted that the child would
*continue* to have the immunities after breastfeeding, but I don't see that
there is evidence to back that up. On rereading her post, she doesn't say
that explicitly, but that is still my impression.

(If that were the case, I should never have had chicken pox)

-Irmgart