[Sca-cooks] Re: Blood donors

Jeanne jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Fri Aug 15 16:27:35 PDT 2003

my dad would not be alive, right now, if he had not gotten platelets. (not
mine, unfortunately) he went through heart surgery with no blood needed, but
his platelets crashed to near zero in a reaction to the blood thinner.
he turned out to not react well to heparin, but as he had never had it
before, it didnt turn up on the allergy screen. he was fine for about 4
days.... then BOOM, platelet crash.

Then his doctor should have given him Nepogen (sp?).  My youngest is alive
because of NO BLOOD.  I will always discourage donating.

Soffya
http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm
three fleur-de-lys Or