[Sca-cooks] Power

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 22:37:31 PDT 2003

> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:31:46 -0700 (PDT)
> --- AEllin Olafs dotter <aellin at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Other blackouts, I've always been happily in my
> own living room - guess
> it was my turn. I was at the other end of
> Brooklyn...
>
> Going to watch news...
>
> AEllin
>
> Aw nuts!  You've got your power back!  Here I was
> trying to put together a mercenary group to
> invade Ostgard while they were in the dark and
> groggy from heat prostration.  So much for my
> World Domination plan. :-)
>
> Hu ... er ... Stefan, yeah, that's the ticket!
Hey, now. T'wasn't me. *I* was still at Pennsic during all the hurrah.
The ruckus really wasn't felt at Pennsic except for some rumors that
there was this big blackout or something. Although I suspect that this
time the blackout was likely more noticeable than during the last big
regional one that hit during Pennsic. Then, I remember stories about
folks at Pennsic who never knew about the blackout. Now there is more
electricity being used at Pennsic. Luckily the blackout didn't seem to
affect the Pittsburg airport. It didn't even occur to me that the
blackout could impact the airline schedules until I got home. Since I
simply had my ride drop me off at the airport, a shutdown or delay of
flights might have affected me.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas