[Sca-cooks] Some disturbing news about one of the foodmerchantsat Pennsic

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 08:34:39 PDT 2003

>>On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 03:37 PM, Michael Gunter wrote:
>>
>>>I've just been informed that Cindy Cooper has kicked off another
>>>merchant from Pennsic. The Middle Eastern tavern has been
>>>told not to come back. I'm not sure of all the details but this is
>>>very disturbing since that was one of the very few almost period
>>>refuges in a Food Court becoming too populated with local
>>>groups serving Hamburgers and Pizza.
>>
>>Which place was this?  The one with the gyros and such?
>
>Phil's Grille.  I have written to a fellow that worked there and am hoping
>to get a reliable story from him.  When and if I do I shall pass it on.
>This topic is on other lists I am on, along with the story of the cross-bow
>guy whose name I cann't recall just now.  At least in that case the owner
>wrote his side.  I have yet to hear from the owner of Phils or anyone with
>the "know".
>Olwen

I heard back from my friend.  My question was the first he had heard of the
whole thing so he did not have any information for me.  I saw that someone
here copied over the response from Phil.  Thanks to whoever did that.
In the meanwhile, has anyone read the online MSN article about the use of
coconut oil as a diet aide?  Claims to pump up your metabolizm and burn the
calories quicker.  Sounds odd to me, but I am not a diet enthusiast.
Olwen