[Sca-cooks] Some disturbing news about one of thefoodmerchantsatPennsic

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Aug 21 11:16:24 PDT 2003

> > Ah-ha. Well, if you look like and act like a member of the press, that
> > tends to get you a very different reception. From Site staff OR SCAdians.
> >
> That might be generally so my lady... but I was in full garb and so was
> everyone else.  Hell they were even carrying a huge banner pole complete
> with a 10 foot penant.   He demanded verification of attendance from each
> and everyone and he was not polite about it.  As a side note all the
> offesnsive encounters I recall with this individual were in broad daylight
> and as far as I recall everyone was stone sober... I know I was.

There have been more than one attempt by members of the press, dressed in
full garb, to sneak onto site at Pennsic.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"This heavenly city, then, while it sojourns on earth, calls citizens
out of all nations, and gathers together a society of pilgrims of all
languages, not scrupling about diversities in manners, laws, and
institutions whereby earthly peace is secured and maintained, but
recognizing that, however various these are, they all tend to one and
the same end of earthly peace." -- St.  Augustine of Hippo