[Sca-cooks] Some disturbing news about one of thefoodmerchantsatPennsic

Rosine nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Thu Aug 21 15:46:01 PDT 2003

. . . And then again, folks - it was 8 years ago. I remember the rather
tough time of it the Coopers were having for a couple of years in reaction
to some pretty badly behaved and arrogant SCAdians - and the Coopers were,
at times, less than polite about dealing with "one more person who's just
gonna be rude". I understood their frustration, but I'm reading folks here
as saying that our gentleman's experience with a staff member basically
"couldn't be" - and well, I know it could have. It happens. There are
brusque Cooper Staff folks, just as there are rude or brusque SCA staff
folks. The only (and best) remedy is to take it up the chain and ask their
superior to tone them down or explain the reasoning behind the allowance of
rudeness. I wish I had been there - it looks like we lost a good visitor
over something that could have been taken care of then and there instead of
festering for over 8 years.

(You see, I know one particular Cooper, beared, dark-haired, sometimes a
real grump. The kind with a heart of gold, but every once in a while, ya
just have to ask him "what crawled up your pant's leg - did you get up
without any coffee this morning, or what?" and he chills out. And later
looks abashed and delivers something nice in your direction in apology. So
I'm wondering if that's the guy....)

Rosine/Hróðny Rognvaldsdottir
--
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
 in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
- Thomas Jefferson    nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org