[Sca-cooks] Some disturbing news about oneofthefoodmerchantsatPennsic

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 10:18:47 PDT 2003

>Was written:
> >
> > There have been more than one attempt by members of the press, dressed
>in
> > full garb, to sneak onto site at Pennsic.
> >
>That may indeed be so but it does not be lie the fact I observed multiple
>encounters with this indivudual over the course of years and he was
>unfailingly rude and impolite.  I was told at the time that he was a
>"Cooper" and not just a "blue shirt".  Be that as it may I cite this as but
>one example illustrating one of several reasons I have not been back and
>recommend to others Estrella and Gulf Wars over Pensic.  I attended Pennsic
>for 8 years running and it was a decision I did not take lightly.
>
>Daniel

I find this whole conversation so very odd and unlike any experience I have
had with any of the blue shirts or Coopers.
Every single time I had any encounter with any of them they were very polite
and usually smiling and in a good mood, even in the 100 degree weather.
They have taken the time to answer silly questions, give directions, even
assist folks who were overcome with heat to a shady spot.  More often than
not, if they were off duty or doing the daily clean-up of the showers, etc.,
they were more apt to simply not interact voluntarily with anyone in the
crowds.
Over the years I have come to know a few of them and it is always a treat to
see them again.  There are several who score very high on the pun-o-meter!
Olwen