[Sca-cooks] Oops!

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Aug 22 16:29:25 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Salad Dressing Fried Chicken??
>
> Generys
>
> P.S.  So who exactly was at the potluck @ Pennsic? I was there very
briefly
> (I was the chick in the sea-green tunic who brought her tall, red-haired
> husband) but couldn't get there earlier or stay later b/c of helping w/ a
> friend's Laurel vigil (and because the!@#$# royalty showed up 30 minutes
> earlier than they said they would, I STILL missed her actually being put
on
> vigil... !@#$!@#$ @#%#!@$#@!$#!@$ - I really wanted to see her face,
> <sigh>).  Anyway, I know I got to talk to a few people, but I'm so very
very
> bad with names, I don't know who!!!

Well, it's a Rob thang... You see, he frequently makes a lovely salad
dressing with olive oil,and balsamic vinegar and various herbs and spices-
basicly an Italian seasoning package with a couple of additions.
Unfortunately, he tends to put it back in the olive oil can, usually without
labeliing it.

As I was making my usual batch of Southern Fried Chicken for dinner last
Pennsic, the only oil I could find was a can of...olive oil. I went ahead
and poured what I needed into the pan, and proceeded to brown the chicken,
adding more for the second batch...and discovered this dark stuff pouring
out of the jug, which I quickly identified as...salad dressing.

It was good, but not entirely what I had intended. This year, I made him
carefully mark the can with reflective tape, and still, every time I went
looking for oil, the salad dressing popped up.

As far as who appeared, you'll hafta let them name themselves. Our camp was
there, and quite a few others, I grabbed Olwen, DRUG her sorry self over for
a few, and of course, Cariadoc and Elizabeth were there, and Christianna,
but with my sorry memory, I can't remember who else. It was a smaller
gathering this year, but it seemed to be a group of the quieter, more
serious cooks, and there was quite a bit of good information traded.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.