[Sca-cooks] Oops!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 17:52:35 PDT 2003

Well, years ago, I made Aqras Muklallah from the
Al-Baghdadi, which calls for sesame oil.  I
didn't have any, so I went to the market and
found some in the Chinese food section.  After I
had finished making them, I discovered that the
sesame oil that I found was infused with chili
peppers, and Aqras is a sweet bread, filled with
almond paste.  Only one person said anything to
me about the hot flavor, which that person found
to be "interesting".  I have since been more
careful in looking at anything new that I am
buying to be sure that I get what I am supposed
to.  I have plain sesame oil in my cupboard now.

Huette

--- "Pixel, Goddess and Queen"
<pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> wrote:
> The comment about dredging the chicken in icing
> sugar instead of flour got
> me thinking--besides Master A's garlic
> brownies, who else has used the
> wrong food substance? I mixed up the cayenne
> and paprika once--it was
> inedibly hot paprikas--which is why I now label
> all my spices even if it's
> turmeric.
>
> Anybody else?
>
> Margaret, who faces a weekend of spice labeling
> and wedding cake planning

=====
shall never cease to be amused.